Over three hours, this tour will draw the listener into the amazing visionary world of Sydney Opera House architect Jorn Utzon.
- Sydney walking tours led by practising architects.
- Nominated as one of the world’s top five architecture tours by The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Nominated as one of the world’s top ten architecture tours by The Guardian UK.
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012-2019.
Duration: 2 hours
- Early Bird
The perfect introduction to Sydney, this tour reveals the patterns and forces that shape the city.
Through a process of decoding and untangling, we will explore contemporary Sydney whilst discussing the underlying political, economic, ecological and cultural forces that give the city form. The conversation will be structured around three contemporary master works; Renzo Piano’s Aurora Place, Christoph Ingenhoven’s 1 Bligh Street and Denton Corker Marshall’s Governor Phillip and Macquarie Towers.
Customs House (forecourt). 31 Alfred St, Sydney – 1 minute walk from Circular Quay Station.
- If you have a Gift Card, enter the code in the next window.
- Please bring your ticket for scanning either printed or on your phone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to tour departure.
- Tickets are transferrable and cancellable up to 72 hours before the event.
- Whatever happens in regards to weather – we walk – so dress for the weather! If for some reason the tour does not go ahead, you will receive a full refund. In this instance we would notify you at least 90 minutes prior to the tour by text message so a mobile number is requested in the next window.
Email [email protected]
SAW is a member of Guiding Architects, the international network for high-quality architecture tours.